Better late than never!
I read 150 books in 2015, even though a lot were graphic novels. Since its my last year in college along with work, I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to read.
So I put my Goodreads Goal – 100 books.
I really want to finish a series per month, so 12 in total. If I don’t feel like continuing with the same, I might jump on to some other series. Here are the series I’ve chosen as of now:
- Uglies (1/4 done)
- A Song of Ice and Fire (hopefully) (1/5 done)
- Eragon (1/4 done)
- The Winner’s Curse (1/3 done)
- The Infernal Devices (0/3 done)
- Marked (re-read)
- The Lunar Chronicles (1/5 done)
- The Raven Boys Quartet (0/4 done)
- The 5th wave (2/3 done)
- Half Bad (0/3 done)
- Daughter of smoke and bone (1/3 done)
- Lux series (2/5 done)
I’d also like to read more Classics and Literary Fiction novels. I thought I’d do that with the next challenge, cause most of the books will include in both.
The Rory Gilmore Challenge
For those who don’t know what this is, the protagonist from Gilmore Girls is really into reading, and someone made a list of all the books mentioned or seen on the show. There are around 340 in total, but I picked out some I was interested in reading. I’d really like to read at least 15 out of the 25 I picked.
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- Carrie by Stephen King
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells
- Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Rapunzel by Grimm Brothers
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- The Shining by Stephen King
- Snow White and Rose Red by Grimm Brothers
- Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
- The Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum
That’s all folks! What are your goals this new year?